The Plan provides strategic direction for Swan View Senior High School over a three-year period and is a key reference point for the introduction of improvement initiatives. It is underpinned by our vision, values and ethos and reflects the breadth of issues confronting not only our School but, public school education.
As an Independent Public School, Swan View Senior High School is required to have a School Board. The School Board operates according to the School Education Act 1999. The role of the Board is that of involvement in the governance of the School. This means taking part in the shaping and monitoring of the School’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
The Board does not have a role in school management. This is the responsibility of the Principal and involves educational leadership and the effective day-to-day administration, supervision and control of the School and its staff.
The functions of the School Board include:
Take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the School’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the School’s performance in achieving them;
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the School;
- determine, in consultation with students, their parents/caregivers and staff a uniform for students when they are attending or representing the School; and
- promote the School in the community.
- charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities;
- extra cost optional components of educational programs;
- items to be supplied by a student for personal use in an educational program;
- any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the School.
Provide advice to the Principal of the School on:
- a general policy concerning the use in School activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a School activity as part of religious education; and
- the implementation of special religious education.
Members of the 2020 School Board include:
|Chairperson:||Ms Karen Beale|
|Deputy Chairperson:||Mrs Kendall Earnshaw|
|Secretary:||Ms Andi Warwick (ex-officio)|
|Mrs Sally Bradley|
|Ms Christine Davey|
|Mrs Sharon Gardner|
|Ms Bronwyn Jacobson|
|Mr Jorgen Mackie|
|Mrs Margaret Sheedy-Dove|
|Mr John Vidler|
|Mrs Deb Unwin|
The School Executive is the senior management structure of the School and is responsible for the leadership and management of the School’s key portfolios. It is comprised of: the Principal, the Deputy Principals and the Manager Corporate Services.
The Senior Leadership Team is responsible for supporting the School Executive Team to implement the Business Plan, provide curriculum leadership and the day-to-day management of the School.
The Swan View Senior High School Student Representative Council is an important part of the School community. The Council is the student representative body at the School and exists to provide students with an active voice. The Council makes decisions and provides advice to the School on a range of issues affecting students.
The Council consists of 22 elected representatives; Year 7 – 2, Year 8 – 2, Year 9 – 4, Year 10 – 4, Year 11 – 4, and Year 12 – 6. The Head Boy and Head Girl are selected from the Year 12 representatives.